Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

The ShopThe Shop  MyspaceMyspace  AccueilAccueil  GalerieGalerie  Dernières imagesDernières images  RechercherRechercher  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Cartes Pokémon : la prochaine extension Pokémon sera EV6.5 Fable ...
Voir le deal

Mark and Travis comment about (+44) song

+8
Corpus
remi93
kikplane182
Yva'
nikol@41
little_windmill
LoserKid
rony035
12 participants
AuteurMessage
rony035
+Modérateur+
+Modérateur+
rony035

Masculin
loisirs : Ordi, Vélo, Tennis, TV
songs favorites : Blink 182-Simple Plan-New Found Glory-(+44)-AvA-Offsprings- Rancid- Sum 41-Bowling For Soup, Good Charlotte

Mark and Travis comment about (+44) song Empty
MessageSujet: Mark and Travis comment about (+44) song   Mark and Travis comment about (+44) song EmptyMer 25 Oct 2006, 19:48

It's Alternative Press "Assesment" of each track and Travis and Mark's are commenting each song. It's four pages long, we will soon have scans, but until that enjoy reading:

1. Lycantrope
Assesment: Wait a minute! Isn't this supposed to be an electronic band wiht a female singer? This is a kick-ass, almost Blink-esque tune.

Mark: I love the first line of the song, it says, "I wake up at the end of a long, dark, lonely year/it's bringing out the worst in me," And it just starts; theres no intro, no build up-it just goes.
[my little note: think he might be refering to the long ava intros?]

Travis: I think it's a great introduction. There isn't one song we could start with that would reveal what the whole record sounds like. This keeps you guessing about what will come.

2. Baby Come On
Assesment: Electronic drums and synths help thicken a slow build that pays off with hooky guitars and a definite bang.

Mark: We wrote this about half way through. I think this is a good indication of what (+44) is about: It's got rock guitars, amazing drum stuff and some electronic elements. I love the line that goes "The past is only the future with the lights on."

3. When Your Heart Stops Beating
Assesment: With huge drums and snotty, mid-range British-sounding Telecasters, the title track sounds like a blast to play live.

Mark: That song is kind of like a Sid and Nancy thing: like you love your lady and outside of that, fuck everything else. This is the last one we finished. And I think for all of us, this was the stand-out song on the album. Everyboby contributed. This is something we built together.

4.Little Death
Assesment: Previously considered for the title of the album, this track's moody, almost lo-fi vibe fits perfectly with Mark's most poetic lyrics on the album.

Mark: We recorded this song in Travis' basement, my dining room, Henson Studios and [Opera Music]. It went through a lot of changes. When we started it, it was very simple and sparse, but then we kept adding and adding to it... There's a line in the song "A little death amkes life more meaningful," which we all thought was a nice allegory to what we've been going through for this past year.

Travis: [It was the title track because it was] our favorite song until we wrote "When Your Heart Stops Beating." This still moves me, though.

5. 155
Assesment: Another high-energy rocker with so many layers, you have to listen a few times just to digest all of the Cure-esque guitars, synths and handclaps in the mix.

Travis: I've always wanted to do hand clpas in a rock song. Just producing hip-hop songs, they're in, like, every song. This song just felt good, like something that you'd clap your hands to.

6. Lillian
Assesment: With acoustic guitars over programmed drums, it's the kind of ballad that seems sweet, but has something sinister going on underneath.

Mark: I lived in a part of San Diego that one of the most beautiful places in the country, but its also one of the most evil, sickening places. People are just ugly to one another. And there's this really strict homeowners association that has all of these rules about what you can and can't do. And the woman who started it is named Lillian. So this song is about the ugly inside of people.

Travis: It sounds like the background music to a Star Wars movie. It's epic to me.

To Come Later: another song the albumwas named after; the purpose of Interlude; the whole No It Isn't story and what Chapter XIII is really about (it's pretty surprising).

7. Cliff Diving
Assesment: If you want some classic Blink, this is it. Pogo-happy pop-punk about embracing god times and good friends.

Mark: Growing up, we used to go over to my friend's house in the summer, jump off of his roof into the pool and call it "cliff diving." It was a release; it was summertime. We allmost called the album Cliff Diving becasue it's about embracing the unknown. So it's also about the past year, the break-up of Blink-182, the start of this new band and the positive things that have happened from an ugly, ugly situation.

8. Interlude
Assesment: This song represents what we thought this project would sound like : Spooky guitars, tip-hop drums and no vocals

Mark: That was one of the first songs. It was just something that we came up with in the basement that we thought was cool. We liked it as a musical break between "Cliff Diving" and "Weatherman," because "Cliff Diving" is such a positive, upbeat thing and "Weatherman" is the darkest song on the record.

9. Weatherman
Assesment: Yup, it's dark all right, with eerie keyboards, sad guitars and the most depressing lyrics we've ever heard from hoppus.

Mark: We had been talking about making this a really dark, dirty song. I was driving to Travis' house and the whole Blink thing, and I remember thinking of this line, "Just let me slip away, I'm barely holding on." That became the basis for the whole song, I love that we commit to it entirley, to make it so dark.

Travis: It has growling, fuzzy keyboards and crazy bass. The lyrics are saying that he's barely holding on, and the music is barely holding on, too.

10. No It Isn't
Assesment:
The demo of the beautiful break up song heard online explodes in its final version with thicker drums and a climatic finish

Mark: I know that there's speculation that we put out [this song] on Tom's birthday [December 13], but it wasn't planned like that. We finished our song and the label came down and heard it and everyone encouraged us to put the demo on our website, so we did. There was no masterplan to it. [I'm getting lazy and the rest of this and make you smile are boring so im not typing them]

12. Chapter 13
Assesment: If there is a "big" rock song on here, this is it.

Mark: Shane [Alexander] [I think they meant Gallagher, but maybe it was a different Shane] and I were talking about Chapter 13 from Dante's Inferno which is about suicide. I had this image in my head of a guy seeing a woman across a crowded room and in that instant, he knows exactly whats going to happen: He falls in love with her, goes crazy and kills huimself in a hotel room. Thats what this song is about. That a good way to end the album, huh?
Désolé les mecs ces encores en Anglais, il faudrait que j'embauche des traducteurs. Pour ceux qui comprenne essayé de nous résumer tous sa merci.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
http://himynameisrony.canalblog.com
LoserKid
+ Chapter VII +
+ Chapter VII +
LoserKid

Masculin
loisirs : Drum
songs favorites : ... All ...

MessageSujet: Re: Mark and Travis comment about (+44) song   Mark and Travis comment about (+44) song EmptyMer 25 Oct 2006, 19:52

Mdrr

Tu fais le tour de toutes les declarations d'eux ?

Mark and Travis comment about (+44) song Icon_lol
rony035
+Modérateur+
+Modérateur+
rony035

Masculin
songs favorites : Blink 182-Simple Plan-New Found Glory-(+44)-AvA-Offsprings- Rancid- Sum 41-Bowling For Soup, Good Charlotte

MessageSujet: Re: Mark and Travis comment about (+44) song   Mark and Travis comment about (+44) song EmptyMer 25 Oct 2006, 19:55

LoserKid a écrit:
Mdrr

Tu fais le tour de toutes les declarations d'eux ?

Mark and Travis comment about (+44) song Icon_lol
ah bon? sa été déjà publier? sa fais longtemps qu'il existe cette article? Désolée j'avais pas vu un administrateur va le supprimé ce topic. Alors.
little_windmill
+Pink Member+
+Pink Member+
little_windmill

Féminin
loisirs : musik, musik et musik
songs favorites : adam's song, no it isn't

MessageSujet: Re: Mark and Travis comment about (+44) song   Mark and Travis comment about (+44) song EmptyMer 25 Oct 2006, 20:00

merci beaucoup mais je suis trop fatiguée alors je le lirais plus tard!
LoserKid
+ Chapter VII +
+ Chapter VII +
LoserKid

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Mark and Travis comment about (+44) song   Mark and Travis comment about (+44) song EmptyMer 25 Oct 2006, 20:00

Non Non

J'dis pas ca

Seulement ca fait le J'saispascombientième de Topic que je te vois créer à propos de Déclarations d'eux ....
rony035
+Modérateur+
+Modérateur+
rony035

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Mark and Travis comment about (+44) song   Mark and Travis comment about (+44) song EmptyMer 25 Oct 2006, 20:03

LoserKid a écrit:
Non Non

J'dis pas ca

Seulement ca fait le J'saispascombientième de Topic que je te vois créer à propos de Déclarations d'eux ....
Ben je sais pas c'est toute les déclarations que je trouve si sa vous intéresse pas je les gardes pour moi. Je ne sais pas désolée. Si ces pas une news faut me dire car moi je croyais que c'était plubkier d'aujourd'hui. désolé. Car j'ai peur de mettre des topic qui sert à rien et ces nul et le administrateurs ils aiment pas sa et je les comprends.

Dernière édition par le Mer 25 Oct 2006, 20:13, édité 1 fois
LoserKid
+ Chapter VII +
+ Chapter VII +
LoserKid

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Mark and Travis comment about (+44) song   Mark and Travis comment about (+44) song EmptyMer 25 Oct 2006, 20:05

Lol

T'as pas à t'excuser ....
Mais par contre ca s'rait sympa si des membres bilingues pouvaient nous faire des p'tites traduction ....

Mark and Travis comment about (+44) song Ignore01
nikol@41
+ Chapter V +
+ Chapter V +
nikol@41

Masculin
loisirs : Musique
songs favorites : No it i'snt

MessageSujet: Re: Mark and Travis comment about (+44) song   Mark and Travis comment about (+44) song EmptyMer 25 Oct 2006, 20:20

LoserKid a écrit:

Mais par contre ca s'rait sympa si des membres bilingues pouvaient nous faire des p'tites traduction ....

Mark and Travis comment about (+44) song Ignore01

Sa c'est vrai !! content
Yva'
+ Chaper IX +
+ Chaper IX +
Yva'

Féminin
songs favorites : Woow...

MessageSujet: Re: Mark and Travis comment about (+44) song   Mark and Travis comment about (+44) song EmptyMer 25 Oct 2006, 21:27

j'vais édité et tentez de traduire un peu sur chaque song.

merci beaucoup Mark and Travis comment about (+44) song 30
http://www.myspace.com/soma182
rony035
+Modérateur+
+Modérateur+
rony035

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Mark and Travis comment about (+44) song   Mark and Travis comment about (+44) song EmptyMer 25 Oct 2006, 21:47

Make.U.Smile a écrit:
j'vais édité et tentez de traduire un peu sur chaque song.

merci beaucoup Mark and Travis comment about (+44) song 30
ah mince désolé je me suis fais avoir par mes sources Mark and Travis comment about (+44) song Fight3
Yva'
+ Chaper IX +
+ Chaper IX +
Yva'

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: Mark and Travis comment about (+44) song   Mark and Travis comment about (+44) song EmptyMer 25 Oct 2006, 21:59

1. Lycantrope

Mark:
j'adore le premier vers de cette song, ça commence, sans intro, sans construction. c'est juste ça.

Travis: je pense que c'est une superbe introduction. Y'a pas une chanson avec laquelle on pouvais commencer qui révelerais comment l'album entier serait. ca te laisse te demander qu'est-ce qui va arriver.

2. Baby Come On

Mark: On l'a écrite à la moitier du chemin. Je pense que ça indique bien sur quoi est (+44) : Il y a de la guitar rock, des truc incroyable de batterie, et quelques élément électronique. j'adore la phrase qui di "le passé n'est que le future éclairé"

3. When Your Heart Stops Beating

Mark: cette song est une sorte de "sid and nancy thing" : t'aimes ta femme et en dehors de ça, tu te fous de tout. c'est la derniere qu'on a fini. Tout le monde y a contribué, c'est un truc qu'on a fait ensemble.

4.Little Death

Mark:on a beaucoup changé de place pour enregistrer cette song. (Travis' basement, my dining room, Henson Studios and [Opera Music) Quand on l'a commencé elle était super simple, mais ensuite on a fait que d'ajouter des choses. Y'a une phrase dans la song, "Une petite MortE donne du sens à la vie" on pensait tous que c'était une jolie Allegorie de ce que l'on a vécu cette année.

Travis: c'était le titre du cd puisque c'était notre chanson préféré jusqu'a qu'on écrive WYHSB. Mais ça me bouge toujours.

5. 155

Travis: j'ai toujours voulu faire du "hand clpas" dans une rock song. cette song donne bien.

6. Lillian

Mark: j'ai vécu dans une partie de S.D qui est un des plus beau lieu du pays, mais c'est aussi un des plus diabolique endroit. Les gens sont juste affreux entre eux. Et y'a ces strict association de types qui vivent là depuis le debut et pense que cet endroit leur appartiennent qui ont fait des règles sur ce que tu peux ou non faire. La femme qui a mis ça n point s'appelle Lilian. Alors cette song est sur la mechanceté à l'interieur des gens.

Travis: On dirais la music de fond de star wars

7. Cliff Diving

Mark: En grandissant, j'allais chez mon ami, pendant l'été sauter du toit dans la piscine et on appelé ça "cliff diving". On a presque appelé l'album cliff diving parceque c'est sur le fait d'embrasser l'inconnu. Donc c'est aussi sur cette année passée, le break-up de blink 182, le commencement de ce new groupe et les chose positives qui se sont produit d'un afrreuse, affreuse situation.

8. Interlude

Mark: C'est une des premiere songs. C'est juste un truc qui nous est venu et on a trouvé ça cool. On aime ça en tant que break entre cliff diving and weatherman parceque cilff diving est vraiment une song positive alors que weatherman est la song la plus sombre de l'album.

9. Weatherman

Mark:On en a discuter pour en faire une tres sombre et sale song. J'allais chez travis et le truc de blink, je me suis rapelé de cette phrase, "Just let me slip away, I'm barely holding on." C'est devenu la base ce toute la song.

Travis: Les paroles disent qu'il et presque entrain d'attendre, et la song l'est aussi.

10. No It Isn't

Mark: I know that there's speculation that we put out [this song] on Tom's birthday [December 13], but it wasn't planned like that. We finished our song and the label came down and heard it and everyone encouraged us to put the demo on our website, so we did. There was no masterplan to it. je sais qu'il y'a de la speculation comme quoi on l'a sorti le jour de l'anniversaire de tom. Mais c'était pas prévu ainsi. On a fini notre song et le label et venu et l'a entendu et tout le monde nous a encouragé à mettre la démo sur notre site. Alors on l'a fait. Y'avais pas de plan de guerrier deriere ça.

12. Chapter 13

Mark:
Shane et moi parlions de Chapter 13 de dante's Inferno qui est sur le suicide. j'avais cette image dans ma tete d'un type voyant une femme a travers une salle remplie et à cet instant, il sait exactement ce qui va se passer : il tombe amoureux d'elle, devient fou et se tue dans une chambre d'hotel. Voila de quoi parle la song. Bonne façon de finir l'album hein?
rony035
+Modérateur+
+Modérateur+
rony035

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Mark and Travis comment about (+44) song   Mark and Travis comment about (+44) song EmptyMer 25 Oct 2006, 22:59

merci super pour la traduction. On apprend beaucoup de chose.
kikplane182
+Modérateur+
+Modérateur+
kikplane182

Masculin
songs favorites : Call To Arms

MessageSujet: Re: Mark and Travis comment about (+44) song   Mark and Travis comment about (+44) song EmptyMer 25 Oct 2006, 23:21

merci les gars Mark and Travis comment about (+44) song 72

"Y'a une phrase dans la song, "Une petite MortE donne du sens à la vie" on pensait tous que c'était une jolie Allegorie de ce que l'on a vécu cette année."

quel belle phrase...

http://myspace.com/kikplane182
remi93
+Green Member+
+Green Member+
remi93

Masculin
loisirs : Guitare , Sortir entre potes , Deconner, Lire Public =D
songs favorites : Go To Last.fm/remi44

MessageSujet: Re: Mark and Travis comment about (+44) song   Mark and Travis comment about (+44) song EmptyMer 25 Oct 2006, 23:39

"le passé n'est que le future éclairé"

Cette phrase est super je trouve Mark and Travis comment about (+44) song Icon_lol Mark and Travis comment about (+44) song Icon_yes
http://follow-my-life.skyblog.com/
Yva'
+ Chaper IX +
+ Chaper IX +
Yva'

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: Mark and Travis comment about (+44) song   Mark and Travis comment about (+44) song EmptyMer 25 Oct 2006, 23:54

Mais en anglais c'est telment plus jolie.
Corpus
+Green Member+
+Green Member+
Corpus

Masculin
songs favorites : Il y en a tellement :)

MessageSujet: Re: Mark and Travis comment about (+44) song   Mark and Travis comment about (+44) song EmptyJeu 26 Oct 2006, 01:44

Quand on comprend pas, c'est toujours + joli Mark and Travis comment about (+44) song Icon_lol
spaulding
+Admin+
+Admin+
spaulding

Masculin
loisirs : ce qui m'abandonnera jamais...la musique
songs favorites : All songs of B182, (+44), AvA, Yellowcard, Millencolin, Lagwagon, Melody Fall, Jack's Mannequin...

MessageSujet: Re: Mark and Travis comment about (+44) song   Mark and Travis comment about (+44) song EmptyJeu 26 Oct 2006, 10:33

Merci bien pour les significations Mark and Travis comment about (+44) song 72
http://www.myspace.com/spaulding182
blinkeuzzz
+ Chapter VII +
+ Chapter VII +
blinkeuzzz

Féminin
songs favorites : What's My Age Again ?, Always, Not Now, Make You Smile, No It Isn't, 155, The Adventure, The War

MessageSujet: Mark and Travis comment about (+44) song   Mark and Travis comment about (+44) song EmptyJeu 26 Oct 2006, 11:34

ah oui j'l'avais dejà lu cette review. C'est sympa d'avoir le sentiment de Mark et travis sur chaque song
http://www.myspace.com/namelo182
little_windmill
+Pink Member+
+Pink Member+
little_windmill

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: Mark and Travis comment about (+44) song   Mark and Travis comment about (+44) song EmptyJeu 26 Oct 2006, 16:43

merci, merci beaucoup pour la traduction!!!
Apo
+ Chapter VII +
+ Chapter VII +
Apo

Féminin
songs favorites : Baby come on/Make you smile/Cliff diving

MessageSujet: Re: Mark and Travis comment about (+44) song   Mark and Travis comment about (+44) song EmptyVen 27 Oct 2006, 22:13

Chapter 13:une bonne fin bien sympathique :D

Merci pr tout ça c'est bien sympa à lire!
the little windmill
+ Chapter VIII +
+ Chapter VIII +
the little windmill

Féminin
loisirs : guitare,être avec mes ami,skate
songs favorites : carousel,adam's song,I miss you,basket case(green day),baby come on(+44),the adventure(AVA)

MessageSujet: Re: Mark and Travis comment about (+44) song   Mark and Travis comment about (+44) song EmptySam 28 Oct 2006, 00:11

Merci,c'est cool de savoir la signification de chaque chanson! Mark and Travis comment about (+44) song 72
rony035
+Modérateur+
+Modérateur+
rony035

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Mark and Travis comment about (+44) song   Mark and Travis comment about (+44) song EmptySam 28 Oct 2006, 13:28

voici les scans du magazine AP avec (+44) :
Mark and Travis comment about (+44) song 44ap
Mark and Travis comment about (+44) song 44ap4
Mark and Travis comment about (+44) song 44ap2
Mark and Travis comment about (+44) song 44ap3
Désolé le scan est trop petit mais on voit bien les photos désolé.
spaulding
+Admin+
+Admin+
spaulding

Masculin
loisirs : ce qui m'abandonnera jamais...la musique
songs favorites : All songs of B182, (+44), AvA, Yellowcard, Millencolin, Lagwagon, Melody Fall, Jack's Mannequin...

MessageSujet: Re: Mark and Travis comment about (+44) song   Mark and Travis comment about (+44) song EmptySam 28 Oct 2006, 13:30

Merci c'est cool Mark and Travis comment about (+44) song 72
http://www.myspace.com/spaulding182
Yva'
+ Chaper IX +
+ Chaper IX +
Yva'

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: Mark and Travis comment about (+44) song   Mark and Travis comment about (+44) song EmptySam 28 Oct 2006, 14:42

les photos sont superbes Mark and Travis comment about (+44) song 30
little_windmill
+Pink Member+
+Pink Member+
little_windmill

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: Mark and Travis comment about (+44) song   Mark and Travis comment about (+44) song EmptyLun 30 Oct 2006, 00:02

Make.U.Smile a écrit:
les photos sont superbes Mark and Travis comment about (+44) song 30

carrément!!!love
merci beaucoup!!
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Mark and Travis comment about (+44) song   Mark and Travis comment about (+44) song Empty

Mark and Travis comment about (+44) song
Page 1 sur 1